The Iranian Cultural Foundation-Houston (ICF-H) is a non-profit, non-political organization with no religious affiliation that fosters the educational, social, and charitable interests of the Iranian-American community. It promotes the appreciation of Persian culture and nurtures a deeper understanding between the Iranian and American communities.
Why is it necessary for our Iranian-American community to have a cultural foundation in a city like Houston? After all, there are other organizations in this town that happen to be very successful in their pursuits. Aren’t those enough?
Our goal is to create an Iranian-American center in Houston that is open to everyone who shares its mission regardless of ethnicity, race, gender, or religion. Our vision is to create a forum where we can:
- Educate the youth about our language and culture
- Provide social and charitable services to our community
- Host forums & conferences
- Hold lecture series, concerts, and plays
- Celebrate Iranian holidays
- Showcase our culture and history
- Provide office space for other Iranian-American organizations
In short, our goal is to create a home for our community where various educational, cultural, and social programs are offered under one roof.
Iranian Cultural Foundation-Houston has been actively providing variety of services to Houston’s Iranian-American community in the following areas:
- Annual Iranian New Year Festival (Nowruz Festival)
- Cultural/Historical Movie Screenings
- Rumi/Ferdowsi Lectures
- Persian Calligraphy Classes
- Rumi/Hafez/Ferdowsi Classes
- Persian Language Classes for Children
- Persian Language Classes for Adults
- Painting/Dance/Acting Classes for Children
- Monthly Senior Citizen Gatherings